Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What does art have to do with reconciliation anyway?

FROM OUR JOURNAL PAGES:

It has been a time of both sacrifice and learning over the last couple of years. My study at Luther Seminary has taken me deeper into the questions for which I don’t have any answers. Perhaps asking and wrestling with sacred questions is what it is suppose to be about. How do you answer the questions of suffering in the world. How do we hold one another up when the weight of the questions press to crush us with despair? Where is God in our suffering? The Book of Job seeks the questions and while not answered directly Job seems to be satisfied with the depths of mystery. When all we seem to want is answers we are given more questions. Questions that make us look deeper into each other and into ourselves. Art helps me bring that internal eternal mystery to the surface and gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment