|© Chuck Hoffman / Genesis + Art Studio|
Three paintings from our New Jerusalem Series have become part of the permanent collection at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Minneapolis. We couldn't find a better home for our work. Bethlehem has a long history of outreach and missions, both in Minneapolis / Saint Paul and abroad and was a part of the congregation's ministry from its earliest days.
In 1923 Bethlehem's first commissioned missionaries, Pastor Irv and Nora Jacobson, were sent out from the congregation as missionaries to China. Several generations of their descendants are long-time members of Bethlehem. Bethlehem continues to reach out from south Minneapolis and its two daughter congregations to other parts of the city, state and this country to the southern tip of Argentina and to the other side of the world in central Africa, India and Palestine. The ministry of Bethlehem Lutheran congregation began in a rented second-floor hall on Franklin Avenue in the heart of the city's Norwegian-American community on January 1, 1894.
We are grateful for the congregation of Bethlehem Lutheran to be supportive of our work by making it a part of their home.