Friday, March 23, 2012

Finding the meaning

The Prodigal Son Journal © 2010 Chuck Hofman / Genesis+Art Studio
FROM OUR JOURNAL PAGES:
The Prodigal Son Journal 48 x 108 Charcoal, gauche, mixed media  2010
Created for The Jerry Evenrud 
Prodigal Son Collection 
Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minnesota 

Journal reflections from 9 September, 2009. As I began this year long journey with the Prodigal Son I hope to walk in his shoes of loneliness, despair and joy upon his turning back. I will draw from my own life experiences, my feelings and senses, as a father, brother and son. There are markers in my life where creating distance from God through my actions or inaction has left me in despair and darkness. Grace in the light of Christ erases my darkness and awakens me to a new beginning. It reminds me of the story about the person who chased the setting sun for fear of darkness, wisdom turned them around to run through the dark in hope, to greet the rising sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment